A health insurance is an insurance that is intended to face claims in the area of Health, constituting as an increasingly interesting alternative to the National Health Service (especially with the increase of the rates of moderation). In terms of service, its value stands out for the speed and quality of service, and it is possible to escape the fearful waiting lists that characterize the Public Service.
Through the payment of a monthly premium, the insured will have the reimbursement of part or all of his health expenses, the amount of the monthly payment being dependent on the type and size of the coverage.
We Can Distinguish Three Different Modes in Health Insurance
- Refund – After you have been treated and after paying for it, the insurer reimburses you for a percentage of the cost you incurred. This will depend on the location and agreements in force;
- Co-payment – The customer has a fixed price per treatment or consultation, within a network of providers. In this case, there will be a kind of moderation fee (deductible) that depends on insurance and agreements.
- Mixed – There is the possibility of making a mix between the two modalities identified above, depending on your convenience and option.
At the level of coverage of the Health Insurance Generality
- Ambulatory – Consultations and related;
- Second medical opinion;
- Treatment abroad.
Optional Health Insurance Coverage
- Serious diseases;
- Prostheses and orthoses.
Before hiring health insurance, we suggest that you take care of some issues:
- Withdrawal periods – Your insurance can only be activated a few months after your hire, in order to prevent the client from insuring insurance to pay for an illness or treatment that he had previously;
- Choose well the mode;
- Evaluate coverage by adapting it to your needs;
- Read the terms of the agreement before signing.
Health insurance can be great alternatives to protect yourself and your health and can have numerous advantages. However, the word of order is information. Look for all the information. See alternatives. Compare and simulate. And trade vigorously. Consult a mediator who does all the work for you and for free. If you need to send us an email and we’ll be happy to refer you to a trusted mediator.